For those involved in or with family business
On the 10 December 2015, STEP's Special Interest Groups will be holding four Spotlight Sessions in London, UK. A session that may be of interest to you is entitled; ‘Family Governance and Strategic Philanthropy: Can You Beat the 'Midas Curse' of Failing Family Business Succession?’
Family businesses that have been successful throughout generations all have strong values, solid family governance and are often active in philanthropy. Despite the proven benefits of these features and having a clear succession plan in place, no more than 16% of family firms globally have such plans.
- The 'Midas Curse'; Greek myth or reality?
- Why families neglect to develop a succession plan; the complexity of decisions and emotive - issues
- Transitioning to the next generation: values vs. valuables
- Family constitutions - insurance against family disharmony? Product or process?
- "To Give, or Not To Give"? Why family philanthropy doesn't always work
- The shift away from traditional, one-dimensional advisory relationships and estate planning, to a broader focus on "Lasting Legacy Planning"
- The changing nature of motivations driving client philanthropic decisions across generations
To find out more information and to register click here; http://bit.ly/1GMCcYW
Add a Comment